Monday, February 15, 2010

10

Author's Note: Been on my heart for awhile. Might as well put up draft 3.

Yo, that is the baddest chick I've seen in a minute!
Like, on some celebrity status type bad,
They damn sure don't make'em like they used to.
Naw, dog, she's a 7 at best.
A 7? Naw, that's her friend. She's a 9 or 10,
Man, you just think she's bad because she's surrounded
By those beasts around her. Her friends are all 2's,
So of course she looks better.
Aight, you right, you right…


We needed a system,
Hierarchy, ranking
To quantify quality
Something to make things easier,

It's hard to describe you.
You should know your rank.

1- Someone so hideous that it should have ended up in the carpet. Or the happy towel.
2- Lil Wayne
3- Someone who's probably got a redeeming skill or a good personality, but is still pretty tough to look at. Probably shouldn't speak until spoken to. Just sayin
4- Slightly below average, they're trying, just falling short of normalcy.
5- Average Joe. We can be friends in public without me being embarrassed. Good job
6- Someone worth dating…temporarily
7- Someone worth dating,…permanently.
8- You can be a complete asshole, but I'll put up with your bullshit. You could actually make it on TV. Or a magazine. Or as a singer. With no talent.
9- You have the right to remain gorgeous. You don't even need to talk, you're so flippin amazing already. In fact, don't talk, you might lower your rating
10- Alicia Keys.

It make things easier.
It's just math,
Calculations,
It saves words like (fine/cute/gorgeous/attractive)
It makes it easier to remember,
We needed this
A simple game of numbers.
It's just math

1's and 2's are compatible, no one cares about them
She has low self-esteem,
She could be so much cuter if she didn't talk,
Damn threes, always sticking their heads
where they don't belong,
He's a 5, he's always shooting for 9's,
What a joke, he needs to know his role,
He's fat,
She's fat,
He/she's a 3,
So hideous that they should know
When to shut the hell up,
How did Jill Scott get famous,
Fat-ass,
Fantasia sings like a 9 but looks like a 2
Hideous
Know your role
She's a 9,
I don't know her name,
But I know she's a 9,
She'll probably only look for other 9's
And hang around 7s or above,
She needs to settle sometimes,
I don't know her name, though,

We don't need to waste words
Like smart/funny/thoughtful
Like cute/stunning/dedicated
It used to be a 2 number system,
You were either 1 or 0
Hot or not
Now, you have worth,
You have downward mobility,
There's no harm,
Nothing can go wrong
Be grateful,
Would you rather be a 0?

She told me that I was a 3,
Dammit, I’m a 3,
I need to learn my place
I want to bag her,
I want to multiply,
I don't care if she cheats, I don't want to know,
She's an 8, I may never get this chance again,
And how does he do it, he's a 4
And no one talks about 4s
But he keeps talking to 7s,
Like he matters,
It's bad math,
What the hell is her name,
Wait, I don't need to know her name,
She's a 10,
That's all I need to know,
Yo,
I'd do some terrible things to her, son.
Yo,
I'd beat the brakes of her son,
Yo,
I'd fuck the shit out of her son
She's a 2 that lives like a 2 son
She's a 10 that feels like a 2 son,
I don't want to be a 2 son
I don't want to be a number
I don't want you to be a number

We sat in a café,
Laughing,
As we figured out who was
Worth talking about,
Leaving 5,
Then eliminated anyone
With a trivial flaw,
Leaving 3
And reduced it
To 1
Worth
Anything.

I don't need you,
Never did,
We never needed you,
We never needed your name,
Or you,
Just your rank

This system is easy
I hope you can suck a good dick, 1
This system leaves no stone unturned
You're almost there, 4, just don't speak
This system is efficient
I only fucks with 7s or above
This system makes sense
I wish I was a 10

This system is flawed

I propose a new one:

1- I found a way to rank you based on your looks
2- Because as long as you're a number
3- We can continue to know our roles
4- Even if they're wrong
5- I'm sorry
6- For being too afraid to know you
7- And I want to erase these numbers
8- And replace them with compliments, qualities and conversations
9- I need to go back to the drawing board

0 comments:

Post a Comment