Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Stupid ish

A-yo, people! We have a special opinion today...part one in my "stupid ish" chronicles. Anytime I see or read something stupid, I'll talk about it in one of these.

Today's stupid ish is about the whole "I'm a nice guy/girl" argument. I'll be real, I'm sick of hearing it. I recently sat through a note someone wrote on facebook talking about how hard it is to be a nice girl. I couldn't help but laugh the entire way. A note that started out with an honest beginning and some good points instantly became corrupt. It failed on two levels:
1) It assumed that every girl is a nice girl at heart
2) It assumed that every guy only says they want a nice girl as a cop out.

While I won't try and say that there isn't a shred of truth to the second point, what had hopes of being an honest note quickly became another "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" entry.

Okay, I'll admit, there are a lot of ain't-shit dudes out there. Just like there are a lot of ain't-shit women out there. That's simple. If everyone was good, then there would be no thrill to the search. But to say that all guys or all girls is one thing defeats the purpose of you being what you are in hopes that you'll get something different. If you wait your entire life for someone to prove you wrong, then you'll die right.

Also, why is it easy to say that "just because I feel bad means I'm still nice..." That argument holds no water. If you live your life hurting others, that's what you are. You can't try to rationalize your way out of a reality. That's like saying "I know I killed someone...but I feel bad about it...so I'm not a murderer..." getthufuckouttahurr

Peaces
AD

0 comments:

Post a Comment