Monday, August 3, 2009

Are Men and Women Equal?

Before I begin...I have a slight crush on Angela Yee. Don't judge me, lol



So, I really like Ghost as an artist. I've bumped his work on the regular. Also, on a certain level, I can see what he's talking about. I'm just a little disturbed that we're thinking that this line of thinking is okay. I understand that there's a double standard that has existed for hundreds of years. I just think that progress is about breaking down those standards, not adhering to them.

What Ghostface did was define a woman's role by a broken system. Even when confronted with the holes in that broken system, he continued to stand by that ineffective process. Although I admire his tenacity, there comes a point where you have to accept that fact that times are changing, and part of being wise is adapting to those changing times and changing ideals. In a way, I'm disappointed in Ghostface, but I'm even more disappointed by the environment that fosters these kinds of ideals.

I would get more into this...but I'm at work...one more week for free printing, ya'll. lol

I do wanna know, however: What do you think? Are men and women equal? If no, do you think it is possible to level the playing field? Do you think inequality is necessary? Let me know!

Peaces
~AD

0 comments:

Post a Comment