Thursday, July 30, 2009

Purpose

What's hood, everybody?

I'm Gerald "AD the Hero" Jackson. Don't ask what AD means...I won't tell you. You have to REALLY know me to know the true origins of that name.

I'm a Junior at Washington University in St. Louis, living in the same city I was born and raised in, and doing all I can to make it a respectable city once again. I am an avid hip-hop head, a rapper, producer and a writer. Lately, I've really found my niche in poetry, which is what this blog is dedicated to.

Fourth Thursday is actually my first solo blog, so bear with me. (Hopefully I find someone to pretty this place up...designers, holla at me.) It's meant to be a place where I can share what's on my mind without worrying about type-limits and such. I'll probably post any poetry I have here, along with rants and songs that I make.

The name, "Fourth Thursday," comes from several important people in my life who both passed away of the fourth Thursday of the month. They helped shape who I am and taught me many valuable lessons about life and death, and I decided that I'll immortalize them in writing.

This blog will be broken up into sections:
1) Poetry
2) Opinions
3) Funny Ish
4) Random Ish
5) Purpose

There should only be one purpose post (this one) unless I decide to turn this into a real project.

So, let's get this crackin!

~AD

0 comments:

Post a Comment